We could all appreciate saving a little money each month. Whether you put that money into your savings or use it to buy yourself a special treat is your choice. If you would like to learn a little more about some of the most effective ways you could save money on your electric bill, an electrician in Newton has a few tips for you. The team at Watts Control can help you lower your electric bill by reducing your energy usage.
1. Your air conditioner is one of the biggest sources of energy usage in your home. By adjusting the thermostat a couple of degrees up, you can make a big difference. Consider having a ceiling fan installed by a Newton electrician to help keep you comfortable while circulating the air.
2. Your clothes washer and dryer are also big energy hogs. Only wash full loads of laundry and take advantage of the hot weather to line dry your clothes when possible.
3. Hot water heaters can also run up your bill. By reducing the amount of hot water you consume, you can make an impact on your electric bill. Take shorter showers, wash laundry in cold or warm water when possible and turn off the water instead of letting it run.
4. Lighting isn’t as big an issue as your parents may have told you, but it is certainly an area for improvement. DO turn off the lights when you aren’t in a room. Switch to LEDs that use a fraction of the energy. If your current light fixture won’t accommodate the low-energy bulbs call an electrician. Newton homeowners can have a new fixture installed to help save them money in the long run.
5. Unplugging the chargers for your phone, laptop and tablet can also save you a little energy. Anything that is plugged in is drawing a small current. It all adds up.
These are five proven methods of lowering your energy consumption which in turn will reduce your electric bill. Give Watts Control a call today if you would like to have a new ceiling fan installed to start saving energy.